Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Is Ben Stafford here today?"

Today at school during circle time- the attendance part, Ben's answer to the above question: "If Ben Stafford was on an airplane, he would not be here today." Where does he come up with this stuff?! His teacher said, "Well Ben Stafford is NOT on an airplane, so what do you say?" Reluctantly, he says, "Good Morning." What a funny guy! He's getting quite the personality, funny, ornery, and stubborn. It MUST be from his Daddy! :)
We had another FIRST today. At the grocery store, Ben WALKED next to the shopping cart instead of his usual riding in the cart. We have tried this before, but it has NEVER been successful. At least not to buy a shopping cart full of groceries. It usually results in running off, running away, obesssing over the doors regardless of anyone else, meltdown in the middle of the aisle... etc etc that probably sounds familiar to those of you with two year olds. We nearly left in the beginning after having a meltdown and laying in the floor at the entrance of walmart because we didn't get a shopping cart (we were going to Subway first). I sat him on the bench and asked him if he was going to listen and mind mommy, or we were going to leave. I knew he wanted to do this in advance. I couldn't believe it, but he decided to listen! I had to remind him several times that if he didn't stay with the cart, he would have to ride in the cart- and I was so surprised this worked. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to most of you- but for Ben this was HUGE. Yay Ben!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love it...what a sense of humor. I love to see that he us interacting with other kids. I know how big of a deal that is. Hope you all are doing well...